UHMS would like to congratulate this week's TeacherS of the Week, Mrs. Kate Creaden, AND Lourdes Mendez! Together, they co-teach 8th-grade math! Let's get to know a little bit about Mrs. Creaden AND Ms. Mendez!
Mrs. Creaden 1. Where did you grow up? I grew up in Roxbury, New Jersey.
2. Where did you go to school? I did my undergrad at Penn State University and my masters at NJCU.
3. What is one thing students don't know about you that would surprise them? I love any outdoor adventure! Hiking, kayaking, paddle boarding, rock climbing, etc!
4. What is a talent/hobby/collection you spend time outside of school hours? My favorite hobby is hot yoga. I even work at a yoga studio!
5. What is your favorite thing about teaching? My favorite thing about teaching is the students. Every year is so different from each class and that is what makes it so fun! I love when my students come back to visit and tell me about how they are doing in high school or college :)
1. Where did you grow up? I was born and grew up in a small town in Cuba.
2. Where did you go to school? I graduated from the Central University of Las Villas, Cuba, in 2010, with a Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering.
3. What is one thing students don’t know about you that would surprise them? I don’t like social media. I have no idea what Instagram looks like.
4. What is a talent/hobby/collection you spend your time outside of school hours? I am a passionate reader. I read everything that comes into my hands, even old newspapers!
5. What is your favorite thing about teaching? I love it when my students take responsibility for their learning because of the relationship we have built and when I am able to motivate them by teaching them useful and practical things. I also get excited when students see improvement and when they discover their strengths.
Congratulations, Mrs. Creaden & Ms. Mendez! Keep up the great work! #UHMSTogetherAtHome